3.04.2007

A Near Miss

I knew that one day my being such a player was going to come back to bite me.

Friday night I was at the grocery store, doing my normal grocery store thing when I looked up and recognize this guy at the self checkout. Now since I really don't know that many people in Raleigh, so I'm trying to figure out how I know him. And then it hits me, I went out with him a couple of weeks ago and never returned his calls. Crap.

I brushed my hair over my face and quickly went up the next aisle. I don't think he saw me, but just in case I went to the frozen food section (on the opposite side of the store) and returned a few phone calls just in case he was one of those people who take 20 minutes to use the self checkout because they get confused by the UI.

So the point of the story is that I should go grocery shopping at 7 AM Saturday morning to avoid such occurrences.

1 comment:

Matt V said...

... or you could return a phone call...